Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Saturday, April 2, 2011

4.2.11 - Helpin' Out could make me Top Banana

Here's catching up on the last few days...

March 29-30 I was in bed with the flu so I'm giving myself a PASS on RAKs for those days.

March 31 - At school conferences our Forensic's coach mentioned they will be needing lots of help to get the kids ready for the next big competition.....so being a former Forensics nerd I volunteered to coach a class two days a week for the next month.  I loved being a judge at the last competition so this will be fun and also interesting.

April 1 - My little friend Sophia told me that for her 13th birthday her grandmother was taking her to San Francisco this week for her present!  OF COURSE I was so excited for her since SF is my "adopted" hometown and my favorite place to be.  So today I found an old SF map, circled all my favorite things to do and sent her a top 10 list of things to do/sights to see that I thought she would enjoy.  I also added a list of "insider tips" about the city that you wouldn't find in a guide book!  Hope she has an amazing time!

April 2 - With our failing economy and our state in a "state of disaster", it is harder and harder to get corporations and even individuals to sponsor charitable events.  I spent a few minutes today to send some requests out on behalf of the For a Day Foundation to underwrite the cost of 300 bananas for our runners for the Fun Run/5K April 23rd.  I will continue to pursue this during the week until I have found a donor! Yes, I do believe this will make me Top Banana. Sorry, that was bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment