Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Sunday, March 20, 2011

3.20.11 - Weekend RAKs

Hello once again - it's time for the TRIO of RAKs again....seems like that's my new trend; writing every three days....STILL working on getting better at this.

FRIDAY - I can't say "what" I did b/c "someone" may read this and it pertains to "Someone's birthday" --- let's just say I went on a tiny roadtrip to make something happen to make someone feel special and have fun on his/her special day.

SATURDAY - This is a tough one, as being Mom does not mean everything I do is an RAK....I mean I think it's pretty much understood that my needs and wants will always come last and I know that's part of the deal...however, I'm giving myself a pat on the back for this one......all week I've had plans Saturday night. I just wanted to go out, have a few laughs and a few drinks and just relax from the week. The "Noahs" had a party to go to so I schlepped them out and should have been on my way.  An hour later the "Noahs" decided they would rather "hang out with the ladies" than be at the party and "would I plz pk thm up".......so to make a long story short, I nixed my plans so I could ONCE AGAIN play chauffeur to my kids.....I was boy-crazy at 13 so I totally get it...and I'm giving myself credit for an RAK on that one.

SUNDAY - While walking the cutest dog in America today I noticed my neighbors had a bunch of newspapers piling up on their driveway and lawn.  I happen to know they are out of town so I cleaned it up.....I'm only giving myself an RAK on this one b/c they happened to be SOAKING wet and full of mud.

PS:  Does inviting your mother-in-law for dinner for no reason count as an RAK???? I'm thinking that's a YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment