Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Thursday, March 24, 2011

3.24.11 -- Fighting the Good Fight and more...

March 22 - Tuesday the Michigan Film Office hosted a Pen to Paper Rally in favor of keeping the Tax Incentives for the Film Industry.  Obviously it is something I firmly support.  It has offered me a chance to recreate my career and it is one that I love and don't want to lose.  I had a few hours to kill on Tuesday so although it was faaaaar away, I made the trek out and volunteered a few hours of my time.  We stuffed envelopes, educated people on who their senators and reps were and helped them write letters to be delivered to the capital.  I was happy to help and will continue to volunteer as much as they need.

March 23 - Volunteered to be Snack Coordinator for Noah's baseball team -- contacted all the parents and put together a calendar of games/dates/snacks, etc. No biggie but someone had to do it.

March 24 - Wednesday I shared my loot of fashion magz with my neighbor. Who doesn't love finding magazines in the mailbox?  It's like an unexpected gift~

No comments:

Post a Comment