Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3.9.11 -- Mid Week Report

Okay so I haven't been finding time to write every day but I am getting back into the spirit of the true RAK.

WED:  This morning I took myself on a breakfast date.  Sometimes I do this when I want to clear my head and just be alone.  So I'm sitting there drinking my coffee and I am watching this old couple eat their breakfast.  After they leave, I see my waitress walk over to their table to collect her tip.  They stiffed her.  At first she was pissed but I overheard one of the other waitresses calm her down.  I guess they are regulars and sometimes the old man just forgets the tip....while she cuts the guy some slack, I can tell she is really bummed.  She obviously needs the money.  When my breakfast comes I am completely underwhelmed.  It isn't in my nature to be confrontational but this honestly wasn't even edible.  I decided to just keep my mouth shut and paid my bill in full with a full tip.  She needs it more than I do.

TUE: Tuesday my RAK was more of a gift from the heart.  In preparation for my friend's surprise birthday party we were instructed to create a scrapbook page to either Roast or Toast them.  Instead of crafting a page of old photos and funny anecdotes I decided to create from the heart.  As she was celebrating her 40th birthday I created a list of the top 40 things I loved most about her.  Who doesn't love hearing why they are loved?  I think I am going to make this a tradition for all my loved ones on their special milestones.

MON:  My original RAK was going to be cleaning up the car crash mess at the front of our subdivision but with the unexpected snowfall, I wasn't able to even see it --- so my RAK was sending a card to my old friend's parents, who recently lost their father/father-inlaw.  I'm sure they will be surprised to hear from me but it was in my heart so I decided to let it out.

And that's my week so far! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment