Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2.1.11 - Truth be Told

February 1, 2011

Today was the ultimate test of my RAK journey.  In the beginning I told myself I wanted to do this to see if I would/could continue the kindness in times of trouble, sadness, anger or general laziness.

The morning greeted me with very disappointing news.  When things truly upset me I am not one to share it.  I either pack it away or I isolate myself until I am ready for humanity again.  This morning, after reading my email, I crawled back in bed and really, really, really wanted to sleep the day away.  On my TO DO LIST today, however, was "Call Davida" -- my friend who just broke her foot.  Just wanted to check in on her to see if she needed anything.  I put it off hour after hour because I just wasn't ready to put on my smiley face and talk to anyone.

After a long, hot shower I checked my phone to find that SHE had called ME first...of course I quickly returned the call.  Needing a few groceries, I gladly hopped to it and I have to say thank you to Davida!  Doing a favor for her actually did a favor for me.  She crashed my Pity Party and doing something nice for her put a smile back on my face that I didn't think was possible.  Thanks D! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment