Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Monday, February 14, 2011

2.14.11 - Love is in the Air

It's been a crazy weekend with work, running around with my friends and then a very sick child at home so I haven't had time to blog about any RAK's.  Don't want to let myself off the hook even in busy times so while I won't write a novella about it I will just log my gestures.

2:13 - Baked a Valentine's Day cake to take to Beaumont Hospital for their Pediatric party Monday.  I was supposed to volunteer, but with Shelby's "flu cooties" on me I won't be playing with the kids -- just donating the goodies.

2:12 - I always try to do a good job at work but today we held a Casting Call for current talent to come take new head shots and review their profiles (which is the information we send to directors).  I really spent extra quality time with each and every Extra to make sure their shots were the best ones to use and gave considerable thought to their profiles.  Shared genuine compliments with all which is always something we can use.
2:11 - My BFF is in town so I surprised her by showing up at her mom's house with a box of cookies from her favorite bakery.  I drew hearts and wrote love notes all over the box so she would feel special and know how much I love her.
2.10 - Met the girls for drinks and fun.  Not an over-the-top RAK but I paid for a round of shots and snacks.

And that takes me to today, 2.14 --- It's Valentine's Day -- usually one of my favorites -- but today I'm feeling tired and a tiny bit gloomy.  Mood be damned I will not excuse myself from this exercise.  I decided this morning, that although David is working all day and although I have two teenagers who are embarrassed by my presence I am throwing them a formal Valentine's dinner, complete with candles, flowers, a cake and Valentine's gifts.  I just sent them all text messages Cordially Inviting them to Dine with their Valentine at 7 pm.

S.W.A.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment