Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Saturday, February 26, 2011

2.26.11 - Misc.

You'd think having my boys and husband "home" on vacation all week would allow me oodles of time to myself (and time to write this blog).....not so much!  I hope next week when everyone goes back to their normal life I will get back to writing daily.

Here's what I've been up to (besides being up to no good!)

February 24th - David and I went to a Town Meeting to support a booming Michigan industry -- film. Our new governor has single handedly halted this program, which will cost tens of thousands of jobs. Avoiding adversity isn't something I'm good at and since I'm good and pissed off I'm getting involved -- and encouraging my peers to do so as well.

February 25th - Cost of driving 2 hours to take your niece away from her studies and out to lunch?  Priceless!

February 26th - Today I took a minute to send a "testimonial" to my landscaping company.  They have always done a terrific job for us.  With lawnmowing, landscaping and leaf removal they have always been great but this year, their snow plow service has been exceptional.  We have an enormous amount of snow this year and with a long driveway I would have expected to be "snowed in" at least a few times.  They have never missed a visit to our house and what is better is that they come during the night so we wake to a clean driveway. I REALLY appreciate it and took time to tell them!

No comments:

Post a Comment