Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2.16.11 - Operation Love Lola

February 16, 2011 --


I am copying the following note in the hopes my FB/Blog friends will join me in supporting this precious child.


You may be wondering what is Operation Love Lola? 
First, let me tell you a little about this special girl named Lola. Lola is a five year old girl very near and dear to my heart, she is my niece. She is the sweetest girl I have ever met, alway polite, with a huge smile on her face. She has one of the biggest imaginations I know. She also may talk more than any other 5 year old I know. She loves princesses, fairies, the color pink, and my little ponies. Most of all she loves her Lamie and Bear, they have been with her through a lot. You may be thinking well, that sounds great but why does she need all this love?
On Valentine's Day Lola was diagnosed with Leukemia. Her prognosis is good as she has the best kind of Leukemia that she can for her age. Plus, she is in great care at a brand new children's hospital.

Here is where you come in:
I would LOVE for Lola to be showered with cards of encouragement, prayer, and well wishes while she goes through this process.
Since she will only be in the hospital for a little while and then will switch to outpatient care for treatment cards can be sent to me. I will then bring them to her. (Her family does not have a permeant address right now, see below for more info).
Please address and send cards to:
Operation Love Lola
C/O Tara Angus
1514 Erin St
Jenison, MI 49428


I really want this to be all about Lola but feel the need in my heart to share this piece of information because I know that her family will likely not ask for it.
Lola's family left the U.S. this fall to be full time missionaries in Africa. They quit their jobs, sold their cars, rented out their home, never ever intending to return for 2 years. They left the US to go do God's work including business education and orphan care. When Lola became sick they traveled 3 days via car to go to a hospital in the capitol. Then the mission organization told them to return to the US right away. They did not have time to return to their home in Africa. They left almost all of their belongings in Africa, as they were only planning to travel to the capitol for one week not to the US. When they arrived in the US they had summer gear on (flip flops, shorts), where they left it was over 100 degrees.
For now my Sister and her Husband are staying at the hospital but their younger daughter is staying with her Grandparents.
Their basic needs are met however there are items that they could use over time. Friends have let them borrow clothes but the time will come when the whole family will need their own clothes and belonging. If you would be willing and are able to donate to them that would be a blessing. Gift cards are welcome in any amount as are paypal donations to taraturtlecards@aol.com (I only use this account for paypal not to check my e-mail, please message me on FB with questions).
Right now it would be to difficult to coordinate actual donations of items (clothes, etc.) that is why I am asking for gift cards. This will allow the family to use them as needed over time.

Lastly, what they need most of all is prayer. We all know that the power of prayer is strong. When it is multiplied it is even stronger. Please pray for strength for Lola. Pray for her Doctors and Nurses. Pray for peace for her parents and extended family. Pray for understanding. Pray for quick and complete healing.

As my sister says, "God is good all the time".

No matter which option or options you chose in supporting Lola in the journey please know that I appreciate you taking part.
If you would like to follow their story or learn more please check out their blog: www.followingthecall.org

With a heavy heart but knowing peace from above,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment