Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Monday, February 21, 2011

2.21.11 - Handi-helper

February 21, 2011

Well, we are snowed in this morning so I'm not sure if I'm venturing out of the snow cave today....can't let a day go by without an RAK though.

Most days, I do more than one -- I just don't feel the need to write about it -- but for today, since I'm snowed it, I will steal one from yesterday's bank.  Upon returning to our car from grocery shopping, it was a blizzard -- a Snowpocolypse if you will.  Parked next to us in a handicapped spot was an old man who was loading his groceries into his car at a painfully slow rate, all the while becoming covered in snow.  I shuffled over to him to help him load his car and then took his cart back to the cart caddy for him so he could get into his warm car. What is sad and pathetic and a telling sign of our society, is that even in our area I think this man's first instinct was to be afraid of me.  I'm pretty sure if I was a man he would not have let me help him at all.  Good thing I'm just a woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment