Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Monday, January 10, 2011

1.10.11 - Haute Vote


January 10, 2011

I really love my friends.  I’m what you would call “A Giver,” “A Softie,” or as others would say …..“A Sucker!”  You need a shoulder to cry on?  Want to borrow a cup of sugar? Pick you up at the airport at 1 am? Need me to write your son’s essay to get into college?  I’m your girl. 

Today, as I was going through my Facebook, I realized I have been ignoring the many requests that have been sent to me to “Vote for…” miscellaneous causes/issues.  While it may seem a pointless exercise to some, I decided to take ten minutes and really read through these requests.  If it is important to YOU than shouldn’t I care enough about you to support your causes? 

Today I:
  1.    Signed a petition for CREDO urging Sarah Palin to stop using  shooting images in political rhetoric                
  2. Voted for water.org in the Lowe’s Charitable and Educational  Foundation’s contest to donate $100,000
  3. Signed a petition to save the bison of Yellowstone National Park
  4.                Voted to help a friend’s father stop smoking
 

Now, friends, don’t get carried away.  While I’m thrilled to support you in all your endeavors and causes, I will draw the line at the following request.  I will never change my Facebook status to:

PLEASE put this on your status if you know someone or are related to someone who has been eaten by dragons. Dragons are nearly unstoppable and in case you didn't know, they can breathe fire. 93% of people won't copy and paste this, because they have already been eaten by dragons. 6% of people are sitting in the shower, armed with fire extinguishers.. and the remaining 1% are awesome and will re-post this.

I am not THAT awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment