Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Thursday, January 6, 2011

1.6.11 - An Idea to Toss Around

January 6, 2011

I have a friend.  We will call him "Schmalan."  He is allergic to paper.  Okay, maybe not paper but he is allergic to recycling.  He mocks me and flat out makes fun of me for saving the world one sheet of paper at a time.  So, today, like I have often done in the past, I took "Schmalan's" paper to school.  No, I'm not educating his paper; I'm recycling it.

Ever notice those happy little green and yellow dumpsters outside our local schools? They are bins from PaperRetriever.com and when they are full they can hold up to 2 tons of paper....that is a lot of paper! While we recycle curbside, and I am one of the crazy neighbors that has the King Daddy Giant recycling bin, I do take the extra time to gather up our paper, newspapers, magazines and junk mail and deliver it once a week to one of these brightly-colored, little bins.  The paper is recycled into newsprint and best of all, the school actually gets paid every time they fill up the bin. Try leaving a box in your garage just for your paper...throw your junk mail in there before it even goes in the house...as it fills up, throw it in the car and drop it off...you're probably hitting the carpool line anyway and if not, I'm 100% certain you pass a school during your daily commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment