Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1.19.11 - Winter Blahs

January 19, 2011

This winter deal is a bummer.  The icy sidewalks, the dirty snow, the sub-zero temps -- I've had enough.  As my dad likes to say, when the temperature owes you degrees, that kind of sucks.

I'm not the only one in the house affected by the Winter Blues.  My honey has also had enough.  I have noticed that it seems to be the worst at night when we retreat to our bedroom for the evening.  After doing a bit of research on moods and color I have come to the realization that perhaps the muted tones of brown and ice blue don't translate into warm and cozy.

Today's RAK is for David (okay, and maybe a little for me too).  I have replaced our bedding with a brightly colored duvet and pillows and have brought in some super funky and sunny lighting.  No need to wait another three months for some warmth!  I hope this little token cheers up the seasonal mood in the house.

For those of you in a Winter Funk, try brining in warm colors in your house or maybe some freshly-cut flowers.  If that doesn't work and you really just need a laugh, try watching American Idol!

No comments:

Post a Comment