Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Sunday, January 2, 2011

1.2.11…. A Clean Act to Follow

January 2, 2011


Call me jaded, but when celebrities attach themselves to charitable causes it rarely impresses me.  It usually comes across as a publicity stunt-- an unauthentic gesture that will undoubtedly reveal some connection to their own career or personal gain.  Recently, I happened to come across Matt Damon on a late night talk show and I think I'm having a change of heart.  Instead of plugging his latest movie, he spent most of the interview discussing his involvement in an organization called Water.org.  He was so genuinely passionate I found myself hanging on his every word.  As he shared… In our lifetime, we may not see a cure for cancer or an end to AIDS but we can, and SHOULD fix today’s water crisis.  It is an entirely fixable tragedy!  Did you know that 1 out of every 8 people in the world does not have access to clean water?  Thousands of people are dying every day from either lack of water or sickness from contaminated water. More people in the world have cell phones than working toilets.  Water.org raises money to create sustainable community projects for establishing accessible clean water.  Today I did my part in helping supply water for one person’s lifetime.  I hope you will too! 
www.water.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment