Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11 - A Sweet Start

January 1, 2011


Not that I need help being kind, but just in the interest of the topic of hand, I decided to GOOGLE “Random Acts of Kindness”.  It shocked me to see that there were so many books and articles on the topic. Have we become so self-involved that we actually need to read a book to remember how to be kind?  In order for my journey to be an authentic one, I decided to ignore all articles beginning with “Ideas” or “Suggestions” on Random Acts of Kindness.  I think if we need help coming up with ideas on how to be a human being we are in serious trouble as a nation.

In creating my “First Official Random Act of Kindness” I partnered two of my very favorite things.  Friends and Cookies.  Both are sweet, put a smile on your face and fulfill you in multiple ways.  Today I decided to surprise my friend Sherry by delivering a container of freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies. The general idea was to bring a smile to her face and let her know that, while I may not say it, I truly appreciate her friendship.  As I began to write an accompanying note telling her just that, I did something that surprised me.  I asked that she, at some point, refill the container with cookies and randomly share them with someone else.  Afterall, isn’t kindness contagious?  According to researchers, it is!  

http://www.healthscout.com/news/1/636795/main.html

No comments:

Post a Comment