Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Saturday, January 8, 2011

1.8.11 - A Note of Thanks


January 8, 2011 

Merci, Danke, Grazie, Gracias, Obrigado….no matter how you say thank you it is something we can never do enough. Today I took a few minutes to tell someone how much I appreciate them.  You see, “Phil” can be a very generous guy.  Gruff and off-color on the outside, he is a closet Nice Guy.  Generous in spirit and fiercely loyal to those he loves, Phil has many qualities I admire.  With this said, we are not extremely close, although we’ve known each other for over 20 years.  He keeps those he loves at arms length; he never gets too close. 

Today he did something I really appreciated and while I wanted to thank him face-to-face, I knew it would embarrass the hell out of him.  So I decided to write him a good ole’ fashion thank you note.  At first it was just going to be a simple email -- a one-liner if you will, but as I began to craft my words, my feelings of gratitude spilled out. I let him know how much he means to me and how his actions are really making a difference to someone I love.  Appreciation breeds giving, and kindness.  So I guess my message today is don’t be afraid to say thank you to someone – maybe every day – and I mean REALLY say thank you .  Also– don’t forget to hit the send button.

No comments:

Post a Comment