Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1.5.11 - Swerv'ing Justice


January 5, 2011

Today I kept you a little safer. Driving home from school today, the black SUV in front of me continuously veered off the road.  In and out of the yellow lines he went, almost hitting a mailbox once, and in general driving like a jerk.  At first I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Let’s be honest, how many times have we taken a call or sipped a cup of coffee on the road and perhaps swerved just the tiniest amount? When it continued for more than a mile, I pestered him with my brights and he arrogantly continued his swerving.  Was he drunk?  On drugs? Texting?  If I chose to do nothing and someone died because I didn’t want to get involved wouldn’t I be just as guilty?  I decided to make the call and phoned the non-emergency number for the police.  They appreciated the heads up and dispatched the call immediately…and before you ask, yes, I did it all on Blue Tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment