Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Monday, January 31, 2011

1.30.11 - DInner


January 30, 2011

Cooking dinner is always a stressful thing for me and my friends know that.  After reading my blog last week, my friend Sherry was incredibly kind and brought me dinner with a note that said "4 All U Do, This Brisket is for U!".....I was so touched that someone would do something so nice for me that of course, I had to pay it forward.

My friend Lois is a few years older than me -- okay a few decades older than me, and with that sometimes comes health issues.  Lois is doing great - fit as a fiddle, face of a model and mouth of sailer.  Her husband, on the other hand, has had his share of battles this year.  Knowing I'd see her tomorrow for lunch I decided to bring her dinner to take to her husband so she'd have one less thing on her plate.  After I had everything ready and packed up I called her to give her a head's up and to reconfirm our lunch plans. I told her not to worry about making dinner tomorrow because I had it covered.  Then the laughter ensued.  

Of course my first thought was the laughter was for my cooking but she was laughing because she had just finished making a roast for ME, complete with the recipe card.  Sometimes RAK's come full circle.  Guess it's my lucky day.

No comments:

Post a Comment