Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1.11.11 - Just Post It

January 11, 2011
Before Noah was born I began to keep a journal for him and started the same when I was pregnant with Shelby. Over the years I have written in it many times to share milestones and my thoughts about their growth and changes. They are my love notes, in a sense, and I plan to give them to each child when they have children of their own.

I'm pretty sure at age 11 and 13, my kids would rather get a root canal than receive a love note from their mother. The mere existence of me is pretty much an embarrassment.  I'm not even allowed to sing along to the radio in the car just in case someone they know happens to drive within 50 feet.

It occurred to me today that I have found the perfect way to share my thoughts. The Sticky Note. While packing Noah's lunch today I left him a note to wish him luck on his midterms and let him know I loved him. He hasn't mentioned this note as he is "too cool" (and he is probably afraid it will encourage me to engage him in conversation in a public place) but I know it will have lasting value.

No comments:

Post a Comment