Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Thursday, January 27, 2011

1.27.11 - Just Like a Prayer

January 27, 2011

I heard some disturbing news today about someone and it literally hurt my heart.  The family, devoutly Christian, has asked us all to pray.  I remember as a little girl bending over my bed, hands together to pray as I'd read about in a book.  I was sure that was how you were supposed to do it but it just didn't feel right.  I wasn't sure who I was exactly praying to.  Being dogmatic at age 4, I was an atheist before my time.  That was the last time I prayed alone.

As I've gotten older I've realized that it is just ignorance and arrogance that keeps you from being a believer.  Do I believe there is a man in a white beard and robe ready and willing to receive and answer my prayers? No, and I am jealous of people who can put a face with God and believe it.  I do, however, believe we are very tiny creatures in a world so wide we are incapable of comprehending it....and if we think we can we are the ultimate idiots.  Millions of people are moved by the power of prayer so who am I to arrogantly assume they are wrong.  So while it isn't in my nature, I took a few moments to pray tonight and I used my whole heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment