Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Sunday, January 16, 2011

1.16.11 - McCookin' at TSS

January 16, 2011

Today I went outside of my comfort zone for the sake of Tikun Olam.  For those of you not familiar with the term, it is the Hebrew phrase for "Repairing the World."

There's not much that makes me squirm, but I'd say cooking and kitchens are a good place to start.  Noah, David and I joined several hundred fellow Temple Shir Shalom members today for what we call Tikun Olam-a-Thon.  This is an annual event where we pair off into groups to provide a service to one of many needy organizations.  Some people created gift bags for sick children; some people went to nursing homes to play games or sing for the elderly; some packed food for Yad Ezra (food bank).  We joined Zak and his crew from Cutting Edge Cuisine to prepare a hot lunch for the folks at Ronald McDonald house. Knowing my, well...let's just say..."limitations" ... I was put on Breadstick Patrol, but I put my heart into them and that's what counts.  Luckily they tasted better than they looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment