Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Saturday, January 15, 2011

1.15.11 - I'm Listening

January 15, 2011

I'm a work in progress, as we all are.  One of my Sagitarian flaws is that I'm a talker...and sometimes when you talk a lot you aren't the best listener.  I'm really working on that piece of business...really trying to digest what people are saying to me instead of formulating responses mid-dialogue.

A few weeks ago I was having brunch with my dear friend.  We don't see each other nearly enough so there is LOTS of talking that needs to be done.  I consciously spent a good portion of our time together really listening to her...not just listening to the details of her stories but listening to what is important in her world.

It may sound silly but my dear friend has taken the lead in her child's school in their efforts to build a new playground through the Box Tops program. This is where you collect "box tops" from participating food/grocery products and turn them in for dollars toward your school.  I can only imagine how many box tops it will take to actually build a new playground -- but talking to my friend and her passionate plea, you will believe it can and will be done.

So today's random act of kindness if for Caryn.  Watch your mail because I've been saving all my box tops for you and just sent you a package...and I'll be doing it all year just for you!

P.S.  I want to be the first one down the slide!

No comments:

Post a Comment