Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Monday, January 3, 2011

1.3.11 - Left of Center


January 3, 2011
 
I haven’t been very nice to myself lately.  I have fallen out of balance with who I am and what I want.  I have treated myself badly and haven’t given myself permission to be healthy.  I’ve ignored friendships, let illness and laziness interfere with my yoga, eaten way too much sugar, and the list goes on and on.  Today I gave myself a gift.  Today’s random act of kindness was for myself.  Yes, it may sound self-absorbed but actually, I think it is kind of a revelation.  My yoga teacher today said it perfectly.  Wouldn’t it be great if we stopped complimenting each other on how great we look, or what a cute outfit we have on, and instead complimented one another on how centered we were?  It occurred to me that I had completely lost my center and right then and there, just a few short hours ago, decided to take it back!  So here I sit, calm and centered, ready to give of myself with a full heart.  And just in case my Self Gift wasn’t worthy enough of my daily contribution, I did drop by the recycling center and donated three bags of clothes to Salvation Army on the way home!  Namaste.

“We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies” ~Roderick Thorp, Rainbow Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment