Follow the Kindness:

Follow the Kindness:
Click "Follow" on the toolbar above.

Quote of the Week

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~AesopFor attractive lips, speak words of kindness. ~Audrey HepburnKind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother TeresaWhenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. ~GandhiIt is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahil GibranChoose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. ~Richard Carlson

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1.12.11 - Under the FREEZIN' COLD Weather

January 12, 2011

Part of the exercise of this year-long journey is to see if I can "walk the walk of kindness" when I'm not in a good mood.  I woke up under the weather today and the freezing cold temps certainly didn't put a spring in my step. What random act of kindness would I muster up in my less-than-pleasant mood?

Peering out the window I caught a glimpse of a gaggle of middle schoolers shivering on my front sidewalk as they awaited the school bus.  Most of those kids were not wearing boots. (Fashion comes before Common Sense in Middle School!)  I realized those poor kids were going to have freezing cold feet because I hadn't shoveled the walkway. Soooooo, I layered up, went outside and shoveled my walkway...then I also shoveled my neighbors walkway because I knew she wasn't home.  Usually I find my "kindness" acts have a ripple effect on my day but I will be honest -- today I just wanted to crawl back under the covers with a cup of hot cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment